Categories

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Breaking the Silence

WHY AM I GOING BACK TO BLOGGING :)

In 1984, my father (and pastor) who was then an architecture teacher and was yet uncertain about being a pastor, received a life-changing call from God: “Roland, blow the trumpet! For if you do not, it will mean doom for my people.” These crystal-clear words have launched him into the full-time ministry, and has charged him to remain faithful in it for the past 30 years.

He has obeyed the Lord, and I for one am a result of his obedience. Yet until today, I feel that God is still looking for more men and women who will “blow the trumpet” for the generations to hear, that we might return to the Lord and His ways! This reminds me of Mordecai’s promptings to Esther,
For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?"” (Esther 4:14, NIV)
I believe I was born for such a time as this, when society’s values and standards are continually being divorced from the principles of the Word of God. God summons His sons and daughters to be His voice to this generation, and I’d like to respond to this call by not only preaching to the youth on Sundays and disicipling a group of young men and women, but also by publishing my God-thoughts through this blog.

It is with a passionate desire that I hope to be sharing with you priceless principles that God has taught me in the past few years about the Christian race, the ministry, faith, discipleship, relationships, romance, among others. It is my conviction that, like any other follower of Christ, I will and I ought not to remain silent!

No comments: